How We Work
IT’S SIMPLE. WE MEET. WE VOTE. WE DONATE.
- Each Member commits to donating $200 per event, twice a year.
- Events are conducted in one hour or less.
- Each event will open with a five minute update on how the funds donated at the previous meeting were used by the recipient charity.
- Any member may nominate a charity for consideration at an event. Nominees must be a properly constituted and registered Canadian Charity.
- The nominating members of three randomly selected organizations will make a brief, informal presentation (no PowerPoint) about the organization to the group. Members should:
- Each member may vote (by ballot) for one of the three charities. The charity with the most votes will be the recipient charity.
- Each member will write a cheque for $200 to the recipient charity for a total group donation of $15,000 or more.
- Members who did not vote for the selected organization agree to make their donation regardless. Members can, of course, feel free to donate their money or time privately to the other two charities if they wish.
- Members will receive a tax receipt directly from the charity.
- Members who are unable to attend an event are expected to give their cheque to another member to deliver on his behalf.
- Charities under consideration must serve the North Simcoe Region and provide individual tax receipts directly to contributing members.
- A charity not selected at one meeting may be submitted again at a subsequent meeting.
- A recipient charity is not eligible for future consideration for a 2 year period (calendar year) but the nominating member may submit the name of another charity.
- The recipient charity must agree not to give out member information to any third parties except for tax purposes.